Lumbar Support Cushion
A square foam cushion with a cut out section at the back to relieve pressure on the users coccyx area. Available as a flat cushion or wedge shaped. This cushion is not classified with a risk level as it does not provide pressure relief to the contact surfaces of the users body.
- The cushion has a zippered removable cover made from stretch acrylic fabric
- The cut out section could be enlarged by the user if required
- Suitable for people with coccygeal pain (e.g. after childbirth)
- Cushion is available in either regular (medium) density or firm density foam
All cushions must be monitored to prevent ‘bottoming out’. This occurs when the user’s weight bears down so hard on the product material that it is flattened and the bony parts are pressed against the surface below the cushion. Where bottoming out occurs even with correct use (e.g. correct choice and depth of foam, correct inflation level) , a different product may need to be considered.
Ensure that the item is not accidentally placed upside down or back to front. It is advisable that a health professional be consulted when considering a suitable pressure care product. Foam must be regularly replaced as it losses its spring and becomes hard after long term use.
- Wedge Coccyx Cushion
- Coccyx Relief Cushion (flat)