The standing desk revolutionises work comfort & health. Just assemble, plug in and you are ready to work in comfort.
The heavy duty standing desk is a sturdy, modern design with a huge 150kg capacity, a quality Bosch motor with a metal modesty panel. It is also available as an L shape frame and there are a number of accessories available, eg tilting top and cable baskets.
The standing desk you choose depends on the required lift capacity, size and function. The mimek series has a wide variety of desk frame styles, sizes and tops which means no matter what design you choose, you will have an ergonomic and stylish workstation.
ConSet desks offer a healthy ergonomic solution if you have concerns or problems over the increasing cases of repetitive stress and back problems associated with intense computer use. Our desks complement your body and adjust to your specific needs. A Conset Electric Height Adjustable desk makes it possible for you to change your working position simply by pressing a button.
There are a number of opinions about the correct positioning of your desk combined with your chair. All experts do agree that the most important thing is to change your working position often.
Rules of Thumb for Choosing Your Standing Desk
The table must be height adjustable so that it can be adjusted to the individual and make it possible to place a screen, keyboard and mouse in the appropriate height.
- The table must be deep enough for the keyboard and monitor can be placed at the optimum distance to the user. Additional depth may be needed if documents are on a document holder which is positioned between the keyboard and monitor.
- The table must be wide enough to have adequate area for all types of work; computer, reading and writing etc.
- Underneath the table the construction should leave space for the legs to be moved freely.
Why Standing Desk?
Results show significant decreases in the severity of musculoskeletal discomfort for many body regions. Alternating between sitting and standing at work benefits health and productivity. Adjustable desks allow companies to easily fit the workspace to people of different heights and body types as well and those with specific needs and back problems. Electric Height Adjustable desks are beneficial where workstations are shared, ensuring that every worker can have a suitable height desk. Employers investing in electric sit-stand desks are realising great advantages. Employees that are happier, healthier and more productive translates into cost savings and an improved working environment. Increased comfort at work leads to happier staff,
- Increased productivity, lower absenteeism, fewer claims.
- Prolonged sitting is known to cause back pain, musculoskeletal and circulatory problems.
- Regularly varying posture solves this problem but requires stopping desk work.
- Standing desks can solve this problem in seconds.
- Work can continue while the body benefits from the change in posture.
- Standing improves spinal posture, reduces low back disc pressures, varies joint positions, uses lower body muscles and increases leg blood flow.
- Quick and precise adjustments.
- Desk solution for tall and short people.
- Allows work stations to be easily shared; personalised settings in just seconds.
- Ideal for those with back or neck pain, or stiffness.
- A powerful high quality Bosch electric motor changes the desk height from a sit to stand position with a quiet touch of a button operation.
- Size, shape & colour combinations to suit your office decor
- Modesty panel in charcoal
- Floor levellers
- Mechanism: 501-11
- Height Range 630-1200
- The desk frames can be assembled by the end user, if they are a bit handy,
- Back Centre can deliver and install your desk in Metro Adelaide at an extra charge.
- Otherwise we suggest you use an assembly service such as Install2U. We are not associated with Install2U but have found them to provide a good service. They service most of the country. Their contact: http://www.install2u.com.au/ Mobile: 1300-417-571
- Heavy Duty: Standing Desk has a weight rating of 150kg max. load and a frame height range 630 -1220 height range
Why Electric Height Standing Adjustable Work Surfaces (EHAWS) Make For Good Business
Cornell University”s Human Factors and Ergonomic Research Laboratory carefully studied the role that EHAWS play in musculoskeletal discomfort and productivity in the work environment. According to this and other cited studies:
- Results show significant decreases in the severity of musculoskeletal discomfort for most upper body regions
- Alternating between sitting and standing at work benefits health and productivity
- There is significantly less spinal shrinkage for office workers who stand for portions of the day
- Body part discomfort decreases an average of 62 percent and the occurrence of injuries and illnesses decrease by more than half
- Workers take shorter and fewer breaks when using sit to stand desks
- Adjustable desks allow companies to easily fit the workspace to people of different heights and body types as well and those with disabilities and back problems
- EHAWS are beneficial for hoteling, which is the practice of providing office space to employees on an as-needed basis
- This reduces the amount of physical space that an enterprise needs, lowering overhead cost while ensuring that every worker can access office resources when necessary
- Employers investing in electric sit-stand desks are realising great advantages
- Employees that are happier, healthier and more productive translates into cost savings and an improved working environment
- A team of scientists at the University of Missouri found that the enzymes that are responsible for burning fat just shut down when we sit and standing up while working helps to reduce weight
- Alternating between sitting and standing posture at work benefits health and productivity
|This white melamine table top is based on a 25 mm chipboard.
Melamine has a very good durability and is of a very hardy quality.
This table top has straight edges.Download technical specifications for table top
|501-11 3-column is perfect for professional use,
where a lot of working space is required.
It is also very ideal for large L-shaped tabletops.Provided with a high quality BOSCH motor.• Max working load on frame is 150 kg
• Frame height goes from 630 mm to 1200 mm (without tabletop)Frame is produced in powder coated steel in silver (RAL 9006).Download assembly instructions
Download technical specificationsDownload ConSet catalogue
|Height Range:||630mm to 1230mm|
|Frame Lifting Capacity:||150kg|